If you have recently had a total hip or total knee replacement and are still experiencing pain and discomfort following your surgery, physiotherapy can assist you in returning to full pain-free function.
Performance Physio Group offers Post Operative Orthopaedic Classes where a personalised exercise regime is tailored to help you return to your full potential as soon as possible. If you are experiencing any of the following, physiotherapy and/or the classes may be able to assist in improving your function:
• Having difficulty preparing meals and completing daily chores
• Feeling unsteady and unbalanced on your feet
• Having difficulty walking without the use of an aid
• Feeling stiff or weak in the hip or knee
• Loss of endurance or strength
• Difficulty standing or walking for extended periods of time
• Having difficulty getting up from a low chair or toilet
• Experiencing night pain and difficulty sleeping
• Having difficulty participating in community activities
• Unable to continue hobbies or interests due to disability
It is common following orthopaedic surgery to experience one or many of the above. The Post Operative Orthopaedic Classes provide a relaxed and social environment to exercise with other people with similar conditions, and will help achieve a fast and full recovery.
Please contact Performance Physio Group at North Ward or Ayr for an appointment or to discuss Post Operative Orthopaedic Classes in more detail.